Hoi An ancient town is the world’s famous destination, and the most popular attraction in Hoi An. As the second highlight destinations in Asia, Hoi An Ancient Town is definitely a must-visit destination. However, for people who plan to stay and relax in Hoi An for a long time, they may want to see other things besides Hoi An Ancient Town. Actually, there are many exciting things to do in Hoi An outside of Hoi An Ancient Town. So if you don’t know what to do in Hoi An, here are some suggestions:
Relaxing at the beach
Even though Hoi An is not really famous for the beach, the Hoi An beach is still a cool place to relax and enjoy yourself. If you have stayed in Hoi An Ancient Town for too long, Hoi An beach is a great place to change the atmosphere. By coming to the beach, you can enjoy numerous kinds of seafood, and specialties of Hoi An. In addition, watching the sunset, tanning on the sand will be pleasant experiences.
Best Beaches in Hoi An
- Cua Dai Beach – This is the nearest beach from Hoi An ancient town. It only takes 4 minutes to get here, you can just simply hire a bicycle and enjoy the scenery on the way. As a tourist area, Cua Dai is always fun and exciting with lots of activities. If you are a dynamic person who loves parties, this beach is just for you.
- Binh Minh Beach (Dawn Beach) – A stunning beach which is 12km in the South of Hoi An. Even though Binh Minh Beach is not the closest beach to Hoi An, it is one of the best options to get away from the summer heat. The best time to visit is early in the morning, as the dawn here is beautiful. Therefore, people call it Binh Minh Beach, which means Dawn Beach.
- Tam Thanh Beach – Despite the far distance, Tam Thanh Beach is one of the best places for the ones who want to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere in the countryside. It is in Bich Hoa Village, a unique village full of wonderful murals. If you want to see all the paintings of the famous artist and enjoy the peaceful beach, this place is worth a try.
- An Bang Beach – Even though it is quite near the ancient town, An Bang Beach is quiet and peaceful. Its advantages are the convenient position and the fresh, untouristic vibe. So if you only want to have a relaxing time at the beach, just hire a bike and go here.
What to do in Hoi An – Visiting the countryside
If you are still unsure about what to do in Hoi An, then let’s give Hoi An countryside a try. From just 5km to 10km from the center of the city, it would be a nice journey to explore the countryside of Hoi An. There are many villages around Hoi An Ancient Town, each has its own special feature. It is because, in the past, each village will have a special product such as pottery, coconut, rice paper or even woodwork. Therefore, exploring Hoi An countryside is an amazing way to see the real local life, as well as understanding more about Vietnamese culture.
Top villages in Hoi An
- Cam Thanh Village (Coconut Village) – Imagine yourself surrounded by numerous colorful water coconuts – a special plant which you can only see in a tropical country like Vietnam. This village is an authentic place with several traditional entertaining activities such as riding the local Guffa boat or making small crafts from coconut leaves.
- Thanh Ha Village (Pottery Village) – As one of the oldest craft villages in Hoi An, Pottery village is famous for its traditional crafts especially pottery products made from red basaltic soil, a special soil of this area. Coming here, you can even learn to do pottery yourself. This is an interesting place that you should not miss.
- Tra Que Village (Vegetable Village) – If you are a fan of nature and veggies, then this is a must-go destination. As one of the most popular places in the “what to do in Hoi An” list, Tra Que Village will definitely impress you. This is the vegetable provider of Hoi An, with thousand kinds of organic vegetables. In Tra Que Village, you can become a farmer and try taking care of the crops, or you can just relax, have a tea and enjoy the peaceful view.
- Kim Bong Village (Carpenter Village) – An amazing place to see many wonderful woodwork arts in Hoi An. You will be surprised by the uniqueness of the amazing woodworks here as well as the traditional woodworking method.
Click for more information about Hoi An countryside tour here
Exploring My Son Sanctuary
If you want to get away from Hoi An for a while to change the atmosphere, then you should consider My Son Sanctuary. Even though it is quite far from My Son to Hoi An (almost 50km), the place is a magnificent wonder. Coming here, you will be amazed by the lost sanctuary of the Cham, an ancient race in Southern Vietnam. Moreover, you can also learn many fascinating things about Champa’s culture, such as Hinduism and Fertility Culture. Let’s explore My Son to see the charm of a lost culture.
My Son Sanctuary Tour
Coming here, you will be amazed by the lost sanctuary of the Cham, an ancient ethnic in Southern Vietnam. Moreover, you can also learn many fascinating things about Champa’s culture, such as Hinduism and Fertility Culture. Let’s explore My Son to see the charm of a lost culture.
If you want to know more about My Son Sanctuary Tour click here
Hiking the Mable Mountain (Ngu Hanh Son)
Marble Mountain Tour
Located on the way from Da Nang to Hoi An, the Mable Mountain is a convenient spot to take a look. For those who love nature, Mable Mountain is their dream destination. So if you have not decided what to do in Hoi An, let’s consider Mable Mountain as the first stop on the way from Da Nang station to Hoi An. Beside the wondrous nature, Mable Mountain also has culture value as there are several pagodas located on the mountain.
Diving at Cham Island (Cu Lao Cham)
Diving at Cu Lao Cham
Cham Island, or Cu Lao Cham, is one of the best destinations for the summer. Cu Lao Cham is only 15km from Cua Dai Beach, so the only ways to go here are by wooden boat or canoe. However, no boat will go during heavy sea. Therefore, the best time to visit Cu Lao Cham is from March to April because the beach is warmer and more peaceful in this period.
The peaceful beach of Cu Lao Cham
As a world Biosphere Reserve recognized by UNESCO in 2009, Cu Lao Cham is famous for its marine life. Hence, diving in the sea here to discover the colorful life under the sea is one of the best experiences in your life. With only around 150.000 per person, you will have all equipment and a guide to take you to the best part of the sea. Moreover, you can also have a camping trip on the beach with tons of fresh seafood, or just hire a motorbike to explore the island. Whatever you do, Cu Lao Cham is definitely a promising place for unforgettable memories.
In summary, beside the ancient town, there are many other attractions in Hoi An which you should not miss. If you are still unsure about what to do in Hoi An, let’s just take a motorbike tour to explore Hoi An with our Lady Riders. We have Hoi An Countryside Tour, one of the most highlight tours in Hoi An. In addition, My Son Sanctuary Tour and Marble Mountain Tour are also outstanding. Let’s explore Hoi An with I Love Hoi An Tour to see the real Vietnam.
HOI AN SIGHTSEEING TOUR WITH LOCAL FOOD SUMMARY Hoi An is always a hot spot in the central of Vietnam + HALF DAY HOI AN COUNTRYSIDE TOUR SUMMARY Beside Hoi An Ancient Town, Hoi An traditional villages in the countryside are + HOI AN VEGETARIAN FOOD TOUR SUMMARY If you are a vegetarian and want to try vegetarian food in Vietnam, Hoi +
HOI AN SIGHTSEEING TOUR WITH LOCAL FOOD SUMMARY Hoi An is always a hot spot in the central of Vietnam +
HALF DAY HOI AN COUNTRYSIDE TOUR SUMMARY Beside Hoi An Ancient Town, Hoi An traditional villages in the countryside are +
HOI AN VEGETARIAN FOOD TOUR SUMMARY If you are a vegetarian and want to try vegetarian food in Vietnam, Hoi +